Motore shimano steps 8000 e speed-up

eMax

Ebiker ex novello
25 Marzo 2018
Munich / Germania
Visita Sito
Bici
Focus Jam²
Nice try to hack our software _matteo_ ;-)
I´m the team leader of the eMax software development team (www.eMax-Tuning.com).
I think we are professional and experienced software guys and we tried very hard that it is not that simple to hack our eMax software.

But fair enough you tried "hacking the hack".
We think it is worth the money to spend some bucks for paying all our effort we spent day and night to hack the shimano firmware.

The official price for an eMax licence is 119€ (incl. VAT) and it can be ordered very easily via our mail address shown on our website.

So - for every interested person on an eMax licence key in this forum: We can give a special discount of 10% if you mention "emtb-special" in the email.

If we receive the electronical serial number we will send the licence key very shortly after via email.

We think eMax is the best possibility for tuning a STEPS8000 bike and a whole lot of customers agree to that.
Just have a look to the German forum www.pedelecforum.de and enter "eMax" in the search window.

Also just have a look on the documents linked on our website.

One more thing: PCE1 is not just a "cable" - it is a very intelligent interface;-)

Best regards,

Markus

translated by google - translator - sorry for not being able to write in Italian by myself:

Bel tentativo di hackerare il nostro software _matteo_ ;-)
Sono il team leader del team di sviluppo del software eMax (www.eMax-Tuning.com).
Penso che siamo dei professionisti e dei software esperti e abbiamo provato molto duramente che non è così semplice hackerare il nostro software eMax.

Ma abbastanza equo hai provato a "hacking the hack".
Pensiamo che valga la pena spendere qualche soldo per aver pagato tutto il nostro impegno passato giorno e notte a hackerare il firmware shimano.

Il prezzo ufficiale per una licenza eMax è di 119 € (IVA inclusa) e può essere ordinato molto facilmente tramite il nostro indirizzo di posta indicato sul nostro sito web.

Quindi - per ogni persona interessata su una chiave di licenza eMax in questo forum: Possiamo dare uno sconto speciale del 10% se menzioni "emtb-special" nell'e-mail.

Se riceviamo il numero di serie elettronico, invieremo la chiave di licenza poco dopo via email.

Pensiamo che eMax sia la migliore possibilità per sintonizzare una bici STEPS8000 e un sacco di clienti sono d'accordo.
Basta dare un'occhiata al forum tedesco www.pedelecforum.de e inserire "eMax" nella finestra di ricerca.

Dai anche un'occhiata ai documenti collegati sul nostro sito.

Un'altra cosa: PCE1 non è solo un "cavo": è un'interfaccia molto intelligente ;-)

I migliori saluti,

Markus

eMax

Ebiker ex novello
25 Marzo 2018
Munich / Germania
Visita Sito
Bici
Focus Jam²
Sorry - I can only write in English!
With the eMax software you can tune the Eco, Trail & Boost mode to a higher motor speed maximum.
You can also do a lot of other stuff, most of them could be done already without a licence key (see documentation).

Yesterday we released a additional tool (completely free of charge): it is called freeMax and could be downloaded here: www.eMax-Tuning.com/freeMax.zip.
With this freeMax software (and a PCE1 interface) you could modify the motor assist settings of your STEPS8000 motor much better than you could do with the eTube software from Shimano.
So, for example, you could set the Eco mode to a more energy saving mode than it is now.
Just have a look on this table too (sorry - only in German): http://www.emax-tuning.com/eTube-Leistungseinstellungen-STEPS8000.pdf These are the standard settings of the eTube software - with freeMax you can adjust them much better.
There are a lot of comments already in the German www.pedelecforum.de - just search "freemax"...

velocipede

Ebiker celestialis
24 Agosto 2017
Ad un passo
Visita Sito
Bici
Ummm ...
Da questa immagine (livelli di assistenza originali), se 7 tacche donano un 300% con Boost in High, posso considerare che una singola tacca vale circa un 43% ...

Shimano-STEPS-MTB-firmware-update-1200x675.jpg

Quindi, se questa tabella la considero per vera posso ipotizzare (già ... perchè di percentuali di assistenza Shimano riesce a mantenere un silenzio asssurdo) che ...

Trail in Low - 43%
Trail in Medium - 130%
Trail in High - 175%
Boost in Low - 215%
Boost in Medium - 260%
Boost in High - 300%

Eco non pervenuto dalla tabella, e se Trail in Low è al 43% Eco è meno di 50%?
Ora salta fuori una nuova tabella dove si dice che ...

Trail in Low - 70%
Trail in Medium - 90%
Trail in High - 110%
Boost in Low - 150%
Boost in Medium - 200%
Boost in High - 300%

E anche qui, se Trail in Low è al 70% Eco dovrebbe essere più basso, ma se lo piazzo al 50% perchè spinge più degli altri motori? E Trail il High spinge un terzo di Boost in High? Ummm ...
Aiutatemi voi pechè inizio a non capire più un cazzo ... chi ha ragione? O meglio, quali sono le vere percentuali di assistenza?
icon_87.gif

Reactions: Dynamite

Fabrirock

Ebiker novello
15 Aprile 2017
Udine
Visita Sito
Bici
Trek Fuel EX 8 - Thok Mig
Con e-max puoi variare la velocità massima di assistenza del motore oltre ad altri parametri, ho visto adesso che è uscito freemax che dovrebbe variare la percentuale di assistenza freemax.png

eMax

Ebiker ex novello
25 Marzo 2018
Munich / Germania
Visita Sito
Bici
Focus Jam²
Above is just a well known and nice diagram of Shimano for showing that there are different levels of assist ratios.
The columns are not equistant regarding to the real parameters, so it is not that each column represents 43% (300/7).
It is just a nice diagram for visualisation (and I love the nice colors;-)...
It is very easy to prove that our table shows the correct assist ration [%], max. torque [Nm] and max. power [W]:
Just get a PCE1 interface and download the free freeMax software, connect it to your PC and your bike and test all the possible configurations in eTube "custom" mode and check them after when reading the values with freeMax.
And you will see that the mentioned values in our document are correct;-)

There is one thing special in Trail mode other to Eco and Boost: Trail mode behaves non linear (exponential), while Eco and Boost behave linear.

BTW: freeMax could be changed to English language too.

So, enjoy spring and have fun with freeMax and eMax...

eMax

Ebiker ex novello
25 Marzo 2018
Munich / Germania
Visita Sito
Bici
Focus Jam²
Please also try to consider to translate this post https://www.pedelecforum.de/forum/i...re-versionen-updates.49501/page-7#post-968673
and also try to consider to translate our linked document from above.
Trail and Boost in standard Shimano modes are both capable to deliver a maximum torque of 70Nm, BUT for getting this maximum torque out of the STEPS motor YOU (the biker) need to pedal with 23Nm (70Nm/3) in Boost/High (300%) and you need to pedal with 63Nm (70Nm/1,1) in Trail/High (110%)...

eMax

Ebiker ex novello
25 Marzo 2018
Munich / Germania
Visita Sito
Bici
Focus Jam²
freeMax-english.jpg

Look, this is my new setting for my Jam² with original Shimano eTube configurations for Trail/High and Boost/High and my individually made setting with freeMax for Eco (20% assist ratio and 20Nm max. torque) for saving battery capacity...

The "assist ratio" is the ratio between the motor torque and the human torque. So at a setting of 300% the motor always tries to make 3 times more torque than the human (up to the motor maximum of 70Nm).

Ultima modifica:

velocipede

Ebiker celestialis
24 Agosto 2017
Ad un passo
Visita Sito
Bici
... Trail and Boost in standard Shimano modes are both capable to deliver a maximum torque of 70Nm, BUT for getting this maximum torque out of the STEPS motor YOU (the biker) need to pedal with 23Nm (70Nm/3) in Boost/High (300%) and you need to pedal with 63Nm (70Nm/1,1) in Trail/High (110%)...
... The "assist ratio" is the ratio between the motor torque and the human torque. So at a setting of 300% the motor always tries to make 3 times more torque than the human (up to the motor maximum of 70Nm).
Tutto chiaro ora ... grazie della spiegazione.
icon_18.gif

Reactions: eMax

eagerly

Ebiker grandiosus
26 Agosto 2017
Friuli
Visita Sito
Bici
Specialized Turbo Levo Comp 2019 (ex Merida EONE Twenty 800)
Molto interessante, dovrebbe esserci una APP che fa tutte queste on the fly. Finalmente qualcuno che spiega in modo chiaro i vari livelli di assistenza...mi è capitato di vedere l'interfaccia brose lì invece si imposta su un massimo del 100% (che vuol dire?), mah ogni casa ha la sua filosofia

Reactions: Dynamite and eMax

_matteo_

Ebiker pedalantibus
26 Ottobre 2017
Cervia
Visita Sito
Bici
Yt Jeffsy 29"
Nice try to hack our software _matteo_ ;-)
I´m the team leader of the eMax software development team (www.eMax-Tuning.com).
I think we are professional and experienced software guys and we tried very hard that it is not that simple to hack our eMax software.

But fair enough you tried "hacking the hack".
We think it is worth the money to spend some bucks for paying all our effort we spent day and night to hack the shimano firmware.

The official price for an eMax licence is 119€ (incl. VAT) and it can be ordered very easily via our mail address shown on our website.

So - for every interested person on an eMax licence key in this forum: We can give a special discount of 10% if you mention "emtb-special" in the email.

If we receive the electronical serial number we will send the licence key very shortly after via email.

We think eMax is the best possibility for tuning a STEPS8000 bike and a whole lot of customers agree to that.
Just have a look to the German forum www.pedelecforum.de and enter "eMax" in the search window.

Also just have a look on the documents linked on our website.

One more thing: PCE1 is not just a "cable" - it is a very intelligent interface;-)

Best regards,

Markus

translated by google - translator - sorry for not being able to write in Italian by myself:

Bel tentativo di hackerare il nostro software _matteo_ ;-)
Sono il team leader del team di sviluppo del software eMax (www.eMax-Tuning.com).
Penso che siamo dei professionisti e dei software esperti e abbiamo provato molto duramente che non è così semplice hackerare il nostro software eMax.

Ma abbastanza equo hai provato a "hacking the hack".
Pensiamo che valga la pena spendere qualche soldo per aver pagato tutto il nostro impegno passato giorno e notte a hackerare il firmware shimano.

Il prezzo ufficiale per una licenza eMax è di 119 € (IVA inclusa) e può essere ordinato molto facilmente tramite il nostro indirizzo di posta indicato sul nostro sito web.

Quindi - per ogni persona interessata su una chiave di licenza eMax in questo forum: Possiamo dare uno sconto speciale del 10% se menzioni "emtb-special" nell'e-mail.

Se riceviamo il numero di serie elettronico, invieremo la chiave di licenza poco dopo via email.

Pensiamo che eMax sia la migliore possibilità per sintonizzare una bici STEPS8000 e un sacco di clienti sono d'accordo.
Basta dare un'occhiata al forum tedesco www.pedelecforum.de e inserire "eMax" nella finestra di ricerca.

Dai anche un'occhiata ai documenti collegati sul nostro sito.

Un'altra cosa: PCE1 non è solo un "cavo": è un'interfaccia molto intelligente ;-)

I migliori saluti,

Markus

Hi Markus,
i tried but not in depth,
because i lose interest in your hack firmware and i explain why.
I don't want to buy the intelligent PCE1 cable... ( if there is an app like the ones for specy levo i buy instantly)
I would prefer to have a greater autonomy than a higher speed for my usual ride tours
it is not said that i will not have different needs in future (travel from home to work)
After the last firmware update i have some stability problem, and i don't want to lose warranty if i hack the firmware
because i think i need assistance soon
Thank you for your offer , i will certainly take in consideration but no for now :)

Reactions: Dynamite